Mister Mediums’ Neighborhood: : : ‘“I Have a Voice”’
Buenos días! I’m a native Spanish language writer on foot with a forceps for ideas. New Kid on the Block still arriving a year later with a voice and spare kindness to share. Why am I still staying on Medium when there seems to be a tendency to fly into new airs?
- My dad works with people asking him questions.
- I have a parrot.
- Yesterday I saw a brown dog with three legs.
- My mom knows things about seamstress.
- The neighbor of the house over there with the stairs knows how-to blow-up balloons.
- The school I go to has two slides.
- What’s your name?
- John, what about you?
- Matthew. How old are you?
- Five, as well as one hand. And you?
- Four, like this with the fingers without the big thumb.
- Did you know that when it rains the street floods?
- No, I just moved here today. I am new to the neighborhood.
- Did you know that when it’s hot, part of the pavement melts?
- Yes, in the city I lived that happened with hot chocolate. It melted…
I stay in Medium because:
- I still don’t quite understand what the dynamics and logistics are like, but I’m renting an attic in a serene neighborhood that I’m getting to know little by little.
- I find it a friendly and simple platform to use. In a few minutes I write on my cell phone, I look for a photo, I think 5 #tags and I publish. Writing for Dummies at its finest! Let's get writing!
- The iPhone application has improved considerably in the last year. At the beginning of 2021 there were glitches, app disconnected lots, restarting it to see the changes, and so on.
- There are creative, interesting, controversial, imaginative writers and publications like Concoda, Daniel Rosehill, Jessica Wildfire, Alan Trapulionis, Ev Williams, etc. Although some of them will flee soon, I hope that new interesting neighbors will continue to arrive.
- I think I can still learn and have fun at this establishment. Quoting Mr. Rogers: Try your best to make goodness attractive. That’s one of the toughest assignments you’ll ever be given. I am entrusted to that task.
- The Medium Creators workshops were interesting: Immediately Improve Any Story: Let’s Make Your Draft or Published Post Even Better; Your Guide to Monetization on Medium: Getting Paid for the Stories You Publish and the Audiences You Build; Write What You Know: Turn Your Professional Experience into Stories Readers Want; Write With Us: An Hour of Dedicated Writing Time for Medium Creators.
- Although I don’t have a great reach to the +100 million readers, nor a colossal readership, I have at least one virtual diary for my ideas. Small lit matches that last a few seconds but also give a few seconds of a little light.
- I want to share my mad real writing like George III and my stuttering and stubborn handwriting as I scream like George VI, I have a voice!